Since 1979, we have helped companies of all sizes backup and recover hundreds of petabytes of storage. We understand how important backup and recovery is to a company. We also understand that, thanks to rapid changes in the rate of storage growth, virtualization, cloud and regulatory compliance requirements, your company needs a robust backup and recovery strategy that meets your individual requirements, is cost effective and works.
Our three-step methodology to designing a comprehensive storage backup and recovery strategy is simple but very effective.
Step 1: Discovery
Through in-depth interviews, workshops and automated discovery tools, we discover your current goals and activity. In order to uncover exactly how our strategy will work for you, we ask questions such as:
- Can you meet your recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO)?
- Are you about to grow above your current media capacity?
- Is virtualization affecting your backup practices?
- Are you getting the most out of your current backup investments?
- How are your backup administrators handling the existing workload? What about tomorrow’s workload?
- Are your business units happy with the backup and recovery services?
- What are your documented SLAs and are we attaining them?
- Do we understand the regulatory compliance requirements?
- Are there performance limitations, capacity constraints and or bottlenecks in your technology capabilities?
- Are there documented operational goals such as recoverability run books, processes and procedures?
Step 2: Analysis
Our backup and recovery engineers analyze your current state, requirements and forecast future needs. Some of the things we analyze are your:
- Virtualization goals
- Data types
- Growth projections and requirements
- Reporting capabilities
- Compliance requirements
- Current environment
- Current SLA performance
- New technologies such as deduplication, tiered recovery and cloud-based service
- Technology evaluation such as scalability, reliability and price to performance
- Operational processes, including documentation, skillset and work capacity
Step 3: Recommendations
Based our discovery and analysis, we will deliver a go-forward plan that will include:
- Business alignment, including agreed upon SLAs, Regulatory requirements, protection aligned to business budgets
- Technology recommendations such as upgrade, replace and future directions
- Operational changes around documentation, training and staffing, and testing restores
Our backup and recovery solutions will be matched to your business requirements with IT delivery capabilities. Our strategy will benefit you by delivering improved ability to recover from data loss, reduce the amount of data that is lost and ensure that your key critical business data is both identified and recoverable.